In 2013 we embarked upon a £5m refubrishment of our Loughborough factory.
The projects scope was vast with the overall objective of making our facilities world class.
The project included:
- Floor fully re-laid
- Air movers to facilitate stress-free movement of transformers
- Test areas refurbished
- Sound enclosure installed to allow interference free noise testing
- Increased lifting capacity to 100 tonnes
- In-house manufacture of 40MVA 115kV test transformer specially designed for variable loading conditions with frequent switching cycles
- Relocation of Tapchanger production line
- New vacuum oven
- New oil processing plants with improved storage
- New canteen area and production offices
The end result has given us a remarkable facility to perfectly complement our position as world class manufacturers of Transformers and Tapchangers.